Of Whonder Debuts During NYFW

We all know there are not many high end contemporary "curvy" designers in the fashion industry. Why? I really don't know because the average woman in the United States is a size 14. There are many mass market companies making all the moolah (such as Forever 21, ASOS Curve, Addition Elle,  etc.), but what about something a little more high end? I want more options then just the average, it's especially embarrassing attending an event and seeing your same dress worn by 3 other girls in the room.  I want to wear designer well made tailored clothing with cuts to perfection. 

Carmencita Whonder is doing just that, by taking it into her own hands. "Of Whonder", a curated line of high end contemporary clothing will debut February 12, 2014 during New York Fashion Week in a private presentation.  I am thrilled to hear this, and can not wait to wear her clothing. Every piece is well crafted to fit every body type with fresh innovative styles. She has put together an amazing team with years of experience, specifically designers/sewers/pattern makers from the curvy industry who really know what they are doing. 

I had the opportunity to get the inside scoop from Carmencita herself. She is the true definition of beauty and brains, not just another pretty face. Although she was never formally trained in fashion or design, Carmencita is a true business woman. She even worked for the US Senate! When I asked Carmencaita what inspired her to start Of Whonder she answered, "I have always been a strategist for underserving markets, I felt that there was a large gap and I saw an opportunity". Boy is she right! Carmencita had a difficult time finding high end tailored pieces that fit properly, and she knew other woman were going through the same thing. Her pieces are all about simplistic style, feeling sexy and confident in your own skin. 






From left to right:
Sheath Dress $558 | Cuff Top $498 | Capri Pant $525 

Check out her full line here. My fav look is the capri pant and asymmetrical top! I can't wait to see this brand sitting in Saks, Bergdorf, and Nordstrom along with the Helmut Langs' of the industry. Stay tuned for more pics from her NYFW preview! A special thank you to London Mischer PR for getting me the inside scoop. 




SPREAD THE WORD





Comments