The Sagrada Familia








Location: Barcelona | Photographer: NeNe

WHAT I’M WEARING:

DRESS: ASOS | SHOES: Rampage | SCARF: Lexicon of Style | NECKLACE: Handmade, Barcelona | RING: Vintage 

Seriously this is probably the most fulfilling trip I have ever taken in my life. A few months ago I decided to plan a European getaway to close out the Summer with my mom. I have been through so many changes over the past year with work, love, faith, pretty much finding my own path. I’ve always wanted to do a fun mother daughter bonding trip, we are both work-a-holics and Spain was always on her bucket list. I decided life is too short, we all work so hard, and we DESERVED some girl time away to play. 

Barcelona was probably the best decision I made. (finally listening to my mom after all of these years, haha) This city is simply magical. It truly blows away other European cities I have visited because of the distinct culture and insane artwork that I have longed to visit my entire life. The people are extremely friendly, the food is AMAZING and the artwork will blow your mind (contemporary, modern, gothic, pop and art street art). Did I mention the entire city CLOSES everyday at 3pm for a “siesta”… I mean this city was truly made for me. If you are a night owl, and thrive in the magical winding roads of the Gothic Quarter dancing away till 4am drinking Sangria this is definitely the place to visit. Now I don’t want to give too much away on my first post, I have so many fun adventures, stories and outfits (GIRLLLL, the outfits!!) to share with you. 

These are photos snapped by me on my iPhone 6 








I decided to post The Sagrada Familia first because I had a magic moment today. I was really not expecting the type of reaction my mind had when I walked into those doors. Of course I heard about it for years, read about it in text books, even had lessons in Art school based upon this work. The outside is simply astonishing,  I couldn’t believe construction started in 1892. All those years and its STILL not done, they have plans to complete the towers and make a bridge, estimating at completion around 2026. When I had the chance to finally step inside after learning about Antoni Gaudi and seeing every detail on the exterior up close it was magical. I literally stepped inside, starred up at the magnificent ceiling right at sunset and started crying. I am not a mushy person, this was literally just so beautiful I did not have words. 
The entire building was glowing with color from the multi stained glass windows. The columns and ceiling structure were nothing like I have ever seen before. If you have a love for art, development, artitecture, fashion then this is something you MUST SEE in person at least once in your life. Gaudi was such a genius madman, I got to see his original development plans + models (some made of string and weighted sand balloons), just mind blowing. 

Today was a day I will never forget, glad I got to share it with you xo 





SPREAD THE WORD










Comments