Proper Pleating












WHAT I’M WEARING:

Skirt + Blouse + Boots: Zara | Scarf: Donni Charm | Jewelry: DU by KR & Kara Ross Heritage | Handbag: Neely & Chole 

Pleated jewel tone midi skirts, boxy blouses and neutral ankle booties are my fashion week go-tos. This entire outfit (head to toe) is by ZARA Women.  Ever hear of the expression, “put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it”?…that’s pretty much the feeling here. February fashion week is brutal every year. No matter the rain, snow, sleet and slush the die hard runway lovers find a way to power through the madness (and freezing weather) to pay tribute to our industry greats. I’ve gotten to enjoy a handful of fabulous shows this weekend, crammed in back to back as I am preparing for an extremely busy work week. F/W 18 looks have been FUR-tasic, mixed with lots of dark jewel colors and leather to boot. I love the multi textural layering, sheer hints and high necklines we will be seeing more of next winter. 

In this total head to toe Zara style I am channeling simplistic Parisian vibes. I own this same pleated skirt in about 5 different color ways. Pleats are simply forgiving on any figure, high waisted flare skirts are flattering, and the boxy blouse can be worn tucked out or tucked in for a more tapered waist. I love the idea of substituting a cute neck scarf for my typical choker, this particular striped piece is by Donni Charm. Lastly, I have to GUSH over my new blue suede cross body bag. I have been looking for an everyday piece thats fun/colorful and can actually fit more then a lippy and my cell phone. I love Neely & Chloe bags because they are well-made every pieces for the New York working gal. 

Serving up some more street style soon! xo 



SPREAD THE WORD




Comments