Prints & Platforms











Location: Midtown NYC | Photographer: Seef 7 


WHAT I'M WEARING:
Jacket: Vintage Missoni | Dress: Haute Hippie | Shoes: Michael Kors | Handbag: Kara Ross NY


Life is too short to wearing boring clothes OR black all the time. As a New Yorker, we get stereotyped and people think the chic thing to do is wear all black. I am not against black, but I find it extremely un-creative & semi depressing. I on the other hand like to LIVE in color. Bright colors make me feel better, they add sunshine to a cloudy day. Do not be afraid to mix up your colors! There is no “wrong” or “right" in this situation. If you have the confidence to pull it off, then most likely you CAN. If you need a little extra color-coaching or tips, I’ve got you covered girl. 

The actual idea of “matching” is gone- throw it out the window. I like to start with 3 or 4 shades that contrast just enough to make it look absolutely intentional. Remember in grammar school you learned the color wheel? Think of complimentary colors as far neighbors, the color sitting on the opposite of the wheel wheel be the complimentary hue that will go great with your starting choice. For example- GREENS go perfect with PURPLES and YELLOWS look fab with VIOLETS. See what I mean? Different shades of one color also help tie in a cohesive element. Point blank don’t be afraid to step outside of the box, or color outside of the lines.



 I paired my colorful ensemble with a sky high nude platform pump. I am 5’8 without heels, with these babies on I’m well over 6ft. I never let my height dictate my heels, just because your tall does not mean you have to resort to flats. At the end of the day it really comes down to confidence. Hold your head up high, you have unlimited potential. 

Can’t wait to see your color mixing! Until next time ...




SPREAD THE WORD




Comments