Monochromatic Magic #Thankful












WHAT I’M WEARING:

DRESS: Serena Williams | BELT: H&M | SHOES: ASOS | BACKPACK: Neely & Chloe | SCARF: Vintage 

My Thanksgiving look today is all about that monochromatic magic. I am usually a fan of mixing colors and prints, but have been attracted to dressing in different shades and hues of all one color. It’s pretty easy to do, take a peak in your closet and see what you can come up with! I love this oversize comfy sweater dress by Serena Williams, I belted it to add more of a shape and show off a little curves. I always feel that accessories make an outfit! This yellow silk scarf is vintage and it belonged to my grandmother. I inherited her awesome scarf collection, and I feel that it brings me luck and her presence is around me whenever I wear it. There are so many cool ways to wear a silk scarf, I chose to roll it up and tie it twice around my neck almost like a choker. This pink leather cap was a gift from a good friend, it’s fun and girly + sporty all at the same time. I’ve always wanted a pair of creepers, just wasn’t sure if I can pull them off. When I saw these velvet bow style ones I fell in love. They are comfy and add a style statement, you can get them now on ASOS.com

Lastly, this fabulous baby pink backpack is by a wonderful new leather goods brand, Neely & Chloe. They are two kick ass sisters who have created a line of fashion and affordable handbags and shoes. The bags are stunning, extremely well made and personalized. This particular one has my initials *JMB* inside the flap. I literally wear this bag EVERY SINGLE DAY, I am obsessed. 

Wishing everyone a happy & healthy Thanksgiving Holiday with their families! This year I am soooooo incredibly thankful for every aspect of my life. I have the best family in the entire world, amazing friends who have become by extended family, and a job that allows me to be myself and follow my dreams. No one’s life is perfect, but when you look around you can shortly realize how good you really do have it. Most of us have food on the table, a warm roof over our head, clothes to wear, an awesome education and opportunity. That’s a lot more then I can say for half of the world, and a big chunk of the United States. We are so lucky, I am so grateful and today (PLUS EVERYDAY) I give thanks for a wonderful life. 







Comments