ยินดีต้อนรับ (WELCOME) 2018












WHAT I’M WEARING  
BATHINGSUIT: Michael Kors | SUNNIES: ASOS | Hat: Club Monaco | SARONG: Robin Piccone | SKIN + HAIR: Sun Bum

Each New Year I like to go somewhere that I’ve never been before. It’s kind of like a little birthday gift to myself. This holiday is something I look forward to every year. I take the time to reflect, refocus, and recharge myself with a bit of much needed unplugging. This year I chose Thailand, specifically because of a revelation I had while meditating one day. I was instructed to take myself “visually” to a calm, quiet, beautiful place that would be my personal sanctuary in my head. In my mind, this sanctuary was a secluded beach with bright aqua blue water surrounded by mountain like pilings and palm trees peering out into the sun. Maybe I watched the movie “The Beach” one to many times, or maybe I saw this image in a travel magazine but it was very clear in my head. I was checking emails, and noticed a travel spam email with a picture of the Phi Phi islands on it. THAT WAS IT! That was my personal sanctuary in my head, and I knew that I needed to go. The biggest treat of all was that my sister Jalene was going on this adventure with me. 

I knew literally nothing about Thailand prior to this trip, I didn’t have much time to prepare because the weeks leading up to it was extremely chaotic between my work schedule + the holidays, but I knew that it was going to be the adventure of a lifetime. I knew that when I sat on that island in the middle of nowhere and looked up at the sun that it would all click and it would be the best possible way to welcome 2018. So I did just that. It took 22 + hours of travel, 4 different cities, a lot of speed boats, and one AMAZING travel agent but I got to cross this off my bucket list. The Phi Phi islands are between Phuket and the west Strait Malacca coast in the Krabi province. I got the chance to visit 5 of them (out of 6), each beautiful and unique, only accessible by boat and a few you can stay on. The islands became well known to tourists in 2000 after the British-American film The Beach. They are filled with adventure, caves, hiking trails, pirate stories, colorful fish + cool creatures, and the most beautiful aqua blue water I’ve ever seen in my life. Was it worth the 22 hour travel to these remote islands? HELL YES #Wanderlust 

As I prepare to ring in the New Year there are certain things that I do, kind of my own personal traditions and rituals. I write down all of my goals, first my short term ones (6 months or less), and then my long term ones. One column is for personal, and the other is for professional. It is EXTREMELY important to write down your goals, see it in black and white, think about them and then the STEPS you will need to take in order to achieve them. Nothing in life is handed to you (and if it is, then it probably won’t last long), you need to mentally visualize them, and then break down each one in a tangible way. Everyone who knows me well, knows that I have been making vision boards since I was a little girl. It is something my mom introduced me to at a young age, at the time I had no idea of the spiritual or mental significance of them. I just thought we were doing arts and crafts! haha I usually update my vision board every few months, as things change and shift. After the New Year, I completely wipe it clean and start from scratch. I add images from magazines, places I want to visit, words, phrases, poems, artwork, anything meaningful that I save throughout the year, ANYTHING THAT INSPIRES ME. There are no rules to it, this can be anything you want. Anything you dream about. Anything you wish for. The key is to look at it every day, keep it in a place that is private for you (since this is personal) but somewhere you can be reminded of it and the meaning. 

I wanted to share a really beautiful little mantra I came across while I was traveling…
“Do not pressure yourself to have the beast year ever. Each year is equal parts; pain, love, and growth. Instead, promise to feed yourself with care and hope in the year to come, and to take baby steps towards who you want to be.” 

This trip was everything I could have hoped for. Peace, relaxation, and special bonding time with my sister. Can you believe in 29 years we NEVER had a girls trip just her and I?! It was really important to me to spend time with her and just enjoy each other. I have lots of stories, fun adventures, and Thailand travel tips to share with you guys coming soon. xo 


SPREAD THE WORD





Comments