BLACKBARN: Food + Friendship











BlackBarn Cafe & Restaurant | 448 W 16th St 
Photos By: Justin Aharoni  & Jenny Parra 

What can I say except Chef John Doherty is a genius? I love the food and service at BlackBarn NoMad, so naturally I knew the Chelsea Market location would be just as good. I ate at BlackBarn Cafe & Restaurant once before for brunch, but this was my first dinner experience. There is nothing I enjoy more in this world then good food and good friends. This night was a beautiful mix of exactly just that. 

The farm to table selections and chef’s tasting was perfect. The most memorable dishes on my mind had to be the cauliflower, pork buns, mac & cheese, and of course braised short ribs. (my mouth is watering as I am writing this) 
BlackBarn does all of their ingredients sourcing from local farmers- which means only the highest quality meats, seafood, produce, and cheese. BUT WAIT… can we really talk about the pork buns? I loved them because they were not fatty, simply perfect meat and a MUST ORDER.  My fav drink on their menu right now had to be the “sweater weather” which is bulleit bourbon, allspice dram and cinnamon. 

I hope you get to try this beautiful location! I also love their store (which you walk through to get into the restaurant).  I have my eyes on a set of gold cutlery that I am obsessed with. This is the perfect spot for dinner, lunch, or brunch. Pick up some things for your apartment, and then meet the girls at Chelsea Market or catch a bite in between meetings. 

Special love and hugs to WHAT THE DOOST for always brining us together xo 












Comments