SUITED UP












WHAT I’M WEARING:

SUIT: Norma Kamali | TUNIC: Norma Kamali | SHOES: Veerah | BAG: Kara Ross NY | JEWELERY: Diamonds Unleashed 

It’s December, only a few more weeks until my BDAY!!!!  Who else is a Capricorn & celebrating this holiday season? This look is officially my “birthday suit”, probably not the same kind you were thinking of haha. I am going to be 28 on December 25th and this is going to be a fabulous year for me. 

I have never owned a sexy women’s power suit before, but I felt like it was about time to invest in one. Of course I would turn to NYC based designer Norma Kamali. She has been making these sexy suit sets successfully for over 25 years, not to mention she is the CFDA 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. This jungle print single breasted jacket and capri suit set is literally the most comfortable thing I have ever owned. Why haven’t I started getting on this years ago?!! Norma is a vision of “cool” and I love how she wears her suits with a skirt layered on top of the Capri, or a long tunic shirt/dress. I played copy-cat and literally tried to style it just as the designer would wear it herself. I am totally not as cool as Norma, but I feel this look is flattering on any body type and I truly feel like a total badass in it. This is why it’s my birthday suit- I will wear it with pride, and feel comfortable + confident and ready to conquer 28. 

I paired it with these killer (but so comfy) red ankle strap pumps by VEERAH. They were made from recyclable materials, and also help support women’s education. The ankle straps are actually detachable and can be worn as bracelets too! (love multi-function pieces) I can wear these bad boys more then 4 hours and still keep dancing the night away without shoeicide. SCORE

The cork and paint splatter bag is a Kara Ross heritage piece, available at 655 Madison Ave in NYC. I wore a bold mixed metal cuff and silver choker which is part of the DIAMONDS UNLEASHED x Serena Williams Collection, one of my favs yet. 

Get your set suit game on and get ready to step into the holidays full swing! 




SPREAD THE WORD






Comments