29 Rooms, REFINERY 29













29 ROOMS by REFINERY 29: 106 WYTHE AVE, WILLIAMSBURG | BROOKLYN 

WHAT I’M WEARING  
JERSEY: Layana Aguilar | BODYSUIT: Danskin | MESH LEGGINGS: RBX | BOOTS: ASOS | BLAZER: Norma Kamali 

29Rooms by Refinery 29 is literally a “funhouse” of style, culture and technology. I have heard about it through friends, fellow bloggers and industry peeps as a must visit event during NYFW. This was my first year attending, and I am so glad to have expierenced this interactive phenomenon of fashion and art. The theme running throughout all of the rooms this year was “Turn it into Art”, celebrating the transformative power of creativity. It was bright, fun, colorful, inspiring and hit all of the senses. A lot of the installations were super interactive, and you got to actually participate in the art which was really cool. I visited with a gal pal, and we had a blast dressing up + snapping pics + dancing our way around the warehouse. My favorites had to be “dress up mural wall” by artist Alexa Meade, “Fight for Each other” boxing room, “Electric Music Dance” light up room… which censored your monitions and created a light show and of course the “Laughing Bubble Room” which made me feel like I was in an adult electric playground. I highly suggest that you visit this event if you have a chance! It is open to the public only for one for day (Sept 11th), and yes it is kid friendly. 

I wanted to wear something very “Brooklyn esq” + comfy + fashionable. I have been DYING for the right opportunity to wear my mesh football jersey “Fashion is my Fav F Word” by designer and friend, Layana Aguilar. I love this top because I always say fashion week is my version of Super Bowl. Something that we anticipate all year long, and not taking yourself too seriously is key. I paired it with a black bodysuit under neath, mesh cut out active leggings, metallic silver space disco boots and my coveted Norma Kamali jungle printed blazer. 

If you want to learn more about 29Rooms check it our here> http://www.refinery29.com/29rooms/
Lot’s more fashion week fun coming your way! 




SPREAD THE WORD







SaveSave

Comments