NEWPORT, RI








WHAT I’M WEARING: 
DRESS: Zara | SLIDES: Jibs | SUNNIES: Freida Rothman | JEWELRY: Kara Ross | BACKPACK: Grafea London 

TRUST WHAT LIGHTS YOU UP

The word intuition originally came from the Latin word intueri, which meant “to contemplate” or “to look within.” 
Scientists refer to intuition as the highest form of intelligence we possess. AKA- it’s not just an airy fairy magical thought, it is increasingly seen as a legitimate way to make judgments and decisions. Over the past few months, I have been learning to lISTEN to my intuition (for business, for my body/health, for relationships). It’s a life skill that I am learning to develop, and brings about a sense of clarity when making important decisions. Stop letting fear fuel you, ask for guidance, meditation, and work on silencing your mind. These are all key factors that have helped me. 

Last weekend I visited one of my favorite cities in the US- Newport, Rhode Island for a special birthday celebrating my love. It was a big one for him, and I wanted it to be special. Last weekend I really had to take it easy (which is SO hard for me) so getting on a plane and traveling + rushing through airports was just not an option. Newport is about a 3 hour car drive from NYC, a beautiful and scenic road trip (with the right playlist of course!) on the Merritt Parkway. 

I have been to Newport a number of times now, there is something so magical about the city that I really connect with. The history, the architecture, the ocean… the gilded age. Newport was the home of the first lady, Jackie Onassis, it has such a regal and peaceful vibe with some of the most beautiful homes and beach cottages I have ever seen. It’s not only a great place to visit with family, but also perfect for a weekend getaway with the one you love. There is so much to do, so much to see, and I love visiting not only in the Summer but also the Fall. 

WHERE TO STAY IN NEWPORT:
Newport has some of the CUTEST bed and breakfasts. I would definitely stay away from the larger chain hotels and support small business owners for a more quaint and personal experience. Here are some of my favs: 


WHAT TO DO:
One of the things you absolutely MUST do- no matter what time of year is visit the mansions. In the Summer, the grounds and gardens are just magical. In the Fall the trees light up, and in the winter the mansions are decorated for holiday. 

MANSIONS- The Beakers | The Marble House | The Elms 


WHERE TO EAT: 
Newport has some amazing food selections, you can’t leave this city without eating some lobster or visiting Castle Hill for brunch on the lawn. 

Annies (casual breakfast) 
Castle Hill (brunch or lunch) 
The Red Parrot (lunch) 
The Mooring (casual dinner) 
Bouchard (fine dining) 
The Spiced Pear (dinner)
Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille (lunch or dinner) 


…Until next time xo 








Comments