Tacos & Tequila













Taco Electric | 201 Park Ave South on 17th St 
Photos By What the Doost


TACOS & TEQUILA are literally two of my favorite things. When a good friend of mine mentioned there was a new “instagram-able” Mexican place called Taco Electric in the W Hotel in Union Square, I knew we had to try it. Everything is literally set up for an “insta moment” from the minute you walk in the door. LED overload and bright colors fit my creative fancy. Not to mention the fact that they had an ALL FEMALE staff which is always awesome to see, and a kick ass female DJ spinning some beats throughout the evening. I think we ordered almost every taco on the menu-I mean… we had to taste it all right? ;) 

I particularly loved the pork belly tacos, and the vegetarian tacos (yes two total opposites), but both were absolutely delicious!  Not to mention the churros were probably some of the best I have ever had. Executive Chef Fernando Navas did a great job bringing Cali-style Mexican food to the east coast. The plates came with 2 tacos each, perfect for getting a variety and sharing. We ordered the sangria which is served in a giant bronze pineapple bowl cup that definitely doesn’t disappoint. One of my favorite details about the restaurant was the cool artwork, mostly prints/painting mixed with yarn. Old school 90’s hip hop, margaritas, tacos, and a chill vibe-what more can a girl ask for? 

There are so MANY options and great restaurants around NYC but I  highly suggest checking out this spot. It’s perfect for a date night, girls dinner, birthday night, or even happy hour. Make sure to follow them on insta HERE

…Until next time xo 






Comments