Spring 14 Lust List

Spring is beginning to bloom, every major mag is buzzing about the top trends of the season, and we are ready for some major retail therapy! Let's start with the essential basics on my "Lust List" to keep you on point and target for your next shopping trip. 

The most important staple in your spring wardrobe should be the classic "sundress". You might have noticed, I basically live in a dress (all year round)… I am not much of a jeans and sweater kind of gal. I have specific summer/spring/fall/winter frocks, but this spring 14 is all about light weight fabrics. Bring on the geometric, floral, beachy and striped prints.  Free People is the official queen of the sundress, effortless and chic with some sheer sleeve detail. I also love this Trina Turk tank dress because it's so easy to throw on day to night. You don't have to break the bank to have style either! This Forever21 curve back cut-out daisy skater dress is also a great look for a low cost. 






YES YES ok I admit, I wasn't a fan of the block heel either when the trend 1st appeared, but it really grew on me.  More importantly, I actually wore a pair and realized just how damn comfy they are compared to a "shoeicide" stiletto! Now I am fully committed to the block heel. They pair great with denim, long skirt with a sexy slit, sundress, maxi or event a power suit in the office. My fav pair on this trend board are from ZARA with a totally reasonable price tag… they also have a blue pair I am lusting over. I also like the metallic leather from J Crew and casual mint/nuede block from Charles David.  Hey Now!! I bet you already caught on to the flats, why would I pick inexpensive heels and bank breakers on the ballets? Well it's actually really simple. Trendy heels come and go from season to season, but flats are eternal. Stop spending your money on crazy expensive 1 season heels and invest in a ballet flat that you will have in your wardrobe for years. By the way… I still have to take my own advice on this one. I have to take a big gulp before I can even consider spending the dough on these Valentino's BUT I would literally wear them almost everyday.  Think longevity. 






Bring on the spring bling! You know the expression "less is more"… well let's just throw that out the window this season. Layer and layers of thin chain pendants, chunky gold rings (by For Every Bella), and bangle stacks up the arm by Child of Royals (even on both sides).  I am about the turquoise, bold stones, and all things gold.  The necklaces are all by Freida Rothman, this is one of my favorite styling sets for spring 14, I can't resist a statement pendant. Jewelry is so important to my style because it can literally transform any outfit into something amazing. Even a basic white oxford shirt with a statement necklace makes all the difference. I feel naked without it! My best bling advice is to shop for 3 classic pieces ( a nice set of rings, stud earring, bangle, or 18" necklace) and build/layer around it. 






Just picture me dancing around my bedroom to Beyonce's Flawless. Ladies, let him think we woke up like this! I pretty much wear the same cosmetic products every single day. I couldn't live without basic waterproof liner (I am now trying some colored options), mini vasaline for my lips, even a little conturing on my face between Mac's nylon shadow on my upper cheek bone/ darker blush. Don't go crazy on this now! I have seen too many conturing attempts go wrong, give it a trial run before you step out this weekend. 

I am also completely crazy about my new red locks, and want to take good care of them which is why I highly suggest this Redken color stay sun spray.  Every 3 days I also switch my normal color protective suds for the Aveda Dry Remedy set, it does WONDERS and your hair will feel like silk. Did I mention spring 14 is all about the bangs? Don't be affraid to take a chance on them! Worst case senerio if you hate them is to grow them back out. Expierement with different bang styles; side swept, straight across, chopped, or fringe. 






Ready, set, go! Get your Spring shop on… hope this list prepared you (and your credit card) for some damage. 




SPREAD THE WORD







http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/shoes/heeled-sandals/sandal-with-metal-ankle-strap-c358014p1669007.html

Comments