Heat Wave Under the High Line












WHAT I'M WEARING:
Dress: Shabby Apple | Jewelry: Kara Ross | Shoes: Manolo Blahnik | Handbag: LV | Sunnies: Versace

New York City & I have a love hate relationship going on this Summer. I have been feeling the heat lately and can not wear anything but a dress because of the humidity and stickiness in the air. People expect me to look, it's part of my job. When you work in the fashion industry you have no choice but to wake up and get it together everyday. SHOW UP, DRESS UP, AND NEVER GIVE UP is the motto some of us gals live by! 

I love dressing in color, I am not the typical New Yorker who lives in breathes in black clothes. Color makes me feel good. It adds some LIFE to my look, and sometimes even puts some extra smiles on people's faces. I love to be the most colorful person in a room (in more ways then one). I am spilling my new found style secret shopping site, Shabby Apple. They have a 1950's esq vibe with some fab fit and flare dresses in colorful choices. I am in love with everything, my new go-to spot for work/event dresses. They even have some great everyday styles for your Summer wardrobe. 

I accessorized by adding in some colorful yellow Manolos, KR jewels, and a classic speedy bag. As I always say, my style changes from day to day. I can never be pegged down to one specific category. Lately, I have been loving the fit and flare dress and a little cap sleeve doesn't hurt. Beat the heat with some stylish dresses and put your pants in the bottom drawer! 

Lastly,  I'm leaving you this week with some words of wisdom that I am learning day by day. Life is really about staying positive and manifesting your dreams. You have to take action and gravitate yourself to something that sets your soul on fire. Never settle, never let people bring you down, and always stay true to yourself. If amazing things were easy to reach, everyone would have them. 

"What you hope, you will eventually believe. What you believe you will eventually know. What you know, you will eventually create. What you create, you will eventually experience. What you experience, you will eventually express. What you express, you will eventually become. This is the formula for all of life."















Comments