Determined to Rise




WHAT I'M WEARING: 
SKIRT: Express | TOP: Zara | SNEAKERS: Jibs | HANDBAG: Neely & Chole 

As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all. To all my fellow badass babes, happy Women’s Equality Day. I don’t say “lean in”, I say take up the whole damn table and join the conversation.  We are celebrating to commemorate the 1920 adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment, which prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote based on sex. This was such a freaking milestone in history, and we have made amazing progress along the way. I am not saying the current political landscape in the US is pleasant for women at this time, but today we stand together in hopes for a strong future for our daughters. Want some fun ideas on how to celebrate this awesome day? 


SHARE IT UP:
Life is about learning, giving, being grateful. Share something about yourself to another woman who might be going through similar life situations as you are. Share a memory or photo of a fellow woman that inspires you and let her know it through social media. Share your time with a young female aspiring to rise up and might need the help or guidance. 

SPEND TIME WITH MOM:
I don’t care if it’s through Skype, FaceTime, phone call or better yet in person. Take the time to make yourself AVAILABLE (and un-plugged) for momma. Let her know how much she means to you. Go to lunch, get a mani, have a meaningful conversation. It’s all good! 

STOP BEING SO JUDGY:
For once can we stop hating on each other and embrace each other’s own unique beauty and mindset? Stop judging the girl next to you. You do not know her situation, what is struggles with everyday, what motivates her to wake up in the morning. Now more then ever, we all need to stick together. We need to support each other, go out of our way to help other women. Stop talking crap, stop making someone feel bad about themselves, and lend a hand, an ear or a smile. 


PS - a few items I am wearing in this style post is because I SUPPORT my fellow female entrepreneurs and want to see us all rise up together. These perforated kicks are made by The Jibs Life, and the Founder happens to be my very first boss in the fashion industry. She took me under her wing and taught me so much, I am forever grateful. My blue suede handbag is by a power sister Duo- Neely & Chloe, I love their accessories and proudly support the brand. My rings/cuff is by the one and only Kara Ross, my ultimate #GirlBoss and mentor/friend/family. 
SPREAD THE LOVE LADIES #UnleashWomensPower 




SPREAD THE WORD






SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments