Puerto Rico: TRAVEL GUIDE
I went to Puerto Rico last week for my cousin’s Bachelorette party and MAN DID WE HAVE AN AWESOME TIME! I have not been to the island since hurricane Maria, and honestly did not know what to expect after all of the devastation and power outages. Puerto Rico is such a beautiful place filled with color, kind people, amazing food and gorgeous beaches. I have to say that the island is back in action, and can really use tourism to help rebuild the city + support the wonderful locals and hard working people.
I wanted to share with you some of my favorite restaurants, dance spots, and activities so you have the full scoop when you are planning your visit. YOUR WELCOME ;) Here is a list of my personal favorites from experience:
WHERE TO STAY:
- El San Juan Hotel
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
- Serafina Beach Hotel
- Air B&B in Old San Juan **We loved this apartment and location**
WHAT TO EAT:
- Breakfast at Café Manolín
- Breakfast or lunch - Mercado Market in Condado
- Lunch or Dinner at AJ Del Pais *great local spot
- Tacos at La Güerita-SO GOOOD!
- Dinner at CAÑA by Juliana Gonzalez
- Dinner at Santaella (make a reservation!)
WHAT TO DO:
- La Placita (area to walk around, have drinks, great food)
- La Factoria- my favorite dance spot and speak easy!
- Visit the hanging umbrellas & take some pics- 154 Calle de San Sebastian
- Check out the narrowest house in the world in Old San Juan
- Visit the historical Fort- Castillo San Felipe del Morro
- Have a boozy afternoon at the Bacardi Factory
- Take a boat ride on the Spread Eagle II
- 75-100 SPF SUNCREEN!!! Girl its hot AF and you will get burnt
- Pack lots of color- no black
- Make sure to bring a hat as the sun is strong
- Comfy shoes, avoid stilettos in Old San Juan (it’s all cobblestones)
- Pack a swell bottle or cool cup for your drinks & take it to the pool or beach
- Bug wipes!
I highly recommend you to visit PR! It is an easy flight from NYC and extremely affordable, you will not be disappointed. I am already planning my next visit back in a few months because I had such a great trip. There is so much to see, the city is filled with history and culture you need more then 4 days to experience it all.