Be Always BLOOMING









WHAT I'M WEARING
Shirt + Skirt: New York & Co. | Perforated Metallic Gold Flats: Tory Burch 

Dress up starts at 5 and never gets old. I pretty much live by these words. Life is too short to wear boring clothes, when you dress in color, YOU LIVE IN COLOR. I like to be bright, it's not for everyone, but it's what makes me feel good. Forget all of the "rules" and mix up your colors, play with prints, and take some risks hunny! 

As you have noticed throughout my last few posts, my style is changing and evolving. I have become a huge fan of of the full skirt and fit & flare style. It has a 50's feel, and I am finding that it feels good and looks good on my body. STYLE TIP: These skirts look good on just about anyone, and highlight the upper most point of your waist, giving an illusion of a slim figure. These gals from the 1950's definitely had something right! I paired this bright pink full skirt with a green pinstriped button down  and gold flats. The use of color and bold accessories bring the modern edge to my look. I am completely obsessed with Kara Ross' one-of-a-kind wood pieces, they are extremely light (even though they look heavy) and are literally pieces of art. I mixed it up with red ruby & gemstone earrings and of course my fav pink "Claire" handbag. 

My best style advice is wear whatever makes you feel good. Forget the rules, forget what everyone thinks, and simply just "do you".  Finding flattering looks for my body type is always a challenge, and I am constantly trying new brands and options. I have to say New York & Co. really hits the mark, making stylish business casual collections for the NYC girl on the go. You have to check out their new arrivals and see what I'm talking about. 

Did I inspire you to be bright this week? 




SPREAD THE WORD





Comments