Gilded Getaway #NewportRI













The Gilded Hotel | 23 Brinley St., Newport RI | Ph: 401 619 7758

We are officially stepping into Summer, and for us New Yorker's that means "travel season".  It is SO NICE so get out of the city and everyday hustle & bustle to some peace and quite. I don't know about you, but on the weekends I really do need to relax and recharge. I am always checking out new places to stay, and new adventures with my innate wanderlust spirit. Typical weekend summer getaways are a sheer giveaway: The Hampton's, Fire Island, Jersey Shore, & Ocean City Maryland. Let's just say... been there done that. 

I was recently asked my my partner in crime Daily Fashionista Dana to join her for a blogger babe weekend retreat in Newport, Rhode Island. Surprisingly, I have never traveled to RI before, but it's been on my list of places to visit this summer. We set out on a road trip adventure from Manhattan, packed our bags and hit the highway! Despite hitting some traffic getting there, when we arrived I was simply in AWE. The Gilded Hotel (painted bright purple with gold accents on the outside), looked welcoming and wonderful with such detail in every single nook and corner.  We walked into a gorgeous dinner party in a room with hot pink patterned wallpaper and gorgeous jewel toned furniture. The dinner was filled with powerful strong women from all over the New England area. I have never met any of these ladies before, but they welcomed me with open arms. It was so special to enjoy a meal and chat about all of our projects and accomplishments. 

Later that evening I checked into a very quaint room on the 2nd floor that made me feel like I was right at home. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, it was quiet, and the bathroom products were all organic. There was an iron and ironing board, bathrobe, and sufficient closet space + extra hangars (always a plus for me). I really loved the decor and fireplace in my room too! The room also came equipped with a blow dryer and plenty of space to store luggage. I woke up to the most amazing home cooked breakfast by Emily (one of the hotel managers), who was SUCH a doll and so helpful all weekend. Emily was extremely accommodating and made me feel comfortable. The breakfast changed everyday, small plates and tapas that would blow your mind.  (still dreaming of  the chocolate dipped banana bread) 

The Lark Hotel staff + Widness PR really went above and beyond to plan such a fabulous weekend for us. We got to experience manicures on the patio, croquet lessons from a PRO (it was so much fun!), and an amazing boat ride on the Rum Runner II around the Newport Harbor. The boat ride was definitely the highlight of my trip. I enjoyed seeing all of the mansions and being outdoors on a gorgeous day. Our big finale was an intimate dinner out on the town at HOPE which was delicious + some fab conversation with all of the ladies.  Before checking out Dana & I made a visit to the Breaker's Mansion, which is a total must-see when your in Newport! 

Overall, the Gilded Hotel and Newport RI is a MUST SEE for your summer travel list. This is a great place to visit with a group of your girls, a romantic getaway, or a family weekend with plenty of activities for the kids. Newport has so much to offer! I really did fall in love and can't wait to be back again soon. You seriously need to check out the Gilded Hotel, because it's simply a masterpiece. The decor is a delight of the "gilded age" mixed with a modern chic twist. Interior designer, Rachel Reider is a pure genius and I wanted to capture all of the details for you. You have to see it in person! 

What a fabulous time! A special thank you to all of the wonderful women who made this weekend so memorable. You can check out more pics on my instagram @jaclynnbrennan

...Until next time!





SPREAD THE WORD






Comments