Color Blocking












Colorbock Suede Sandals: GUCCI
Dress & Blouse: DVF | Silk Scarf: (Vintage) Dash London | Jewelry: Freida Rothman 
Nails by Joyce @ Angel Gift Salon in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn 

So basically we just jumped right from Winter into Summer kind of completely skipping Spring?! I am not complaining, but the weather is now turning HOT HOT in NYC. (So bring out those sandals and make sure you get a pedi!) I was so excited to finally put my booties down and test out my new Spring/Summer sandal looks this week. These are my beloved babies by Gucci, I also got them for a fab deal. I love the color block contrast of purple and orange suede with a block heel.  I don't always like to be so matchy-matchy, I love the look of bright colors mixed together. The brighter the better!

I am wearing a fabulous look by DVF, a fit and flare dress that hits at all the right places to accentuate  your figure. As a designer, Diane Von Furstenberg understands a woman's body and natural curves. I feel like a princess in all of her pieces. I layered over a deep purple silk DVF blouse left unbuttoned with the sleeves rolled for a casual everyday feel. This Dash London silk scarf belonged to my Grandma Jenny, I love playing with scarves in Spring as a fun accessory to your outfit. This is also a great style tip for women with a large chest! If your dresses are a bit too low cut for a work function or you would like some additional coverage, a scarf is the best way to ensure a professional effect without taking away from your look. 

My funky wink ;) nails are inspired by Lucky Magazine's Beauty Editor Maura Lynch (Love her!!). I will A L W A Y S have fun nails, no matter what position or job I am in. It's part of my style and ability to express myself. Fashion doesn't always have to be so serious, you have to have fun and find your unique look that sets you apart.  

There are so many exciting transitions and changes happening over the next few weeks in my career and professional life...  I can't wait to share them with you! I feel so very lucky and blessed to work with such amazing designers and talented business professionals in this industry. It's been a very challenging week with all of these changes, but nothing that I can't handle. 

I saw a really wonderful quote today that resonated with me and I wanted to share it with you: 
"Make yourself a priority. At the end of the day, you're your longest commitment." 

...Stay tunned to hear about all the exciting news soon! 




SPREAD THE WORD





Comments