Spring Fling @ The Sonesta Fort Lauderdale #Travel






The view from my amazing room! I loved waking up to this everyday. 

Hanging out poolside wearing an Ashley Stewart Printed Swim Dress. 

The most amazing surprise in my room from a fabulous staff! 

Dinner at the Bistro! Salmon with a mango salsa & fresh asparagus... YUM

Striking a pose in Sonesta's lobby wearing New York & Co. #AllWhite 

I have stayed at MANY hotels around the country, and I have to admit that I'm a pretty tough critic. I love traveling and getting to write about/document my adventures. Last week I had a "Spring Fling" escape to Fort Lauderdale, FL for Tortuga weekend and stayed at the Sonesta Hotel property, located directly on the beach. From a Travel Blogger perspective there are a few things that I always judge upon arrival:

1. Location of the property & "crowd"
2. On-site staff and managers 
3. The closet & storage space for my things 
4. The bathroom products/blow dryer/iron 
5. Restaurant & bars located inside the hotel 
6. The bed & noise factor (am I going to get a good night's sleep)

Call me crazy, call me high maintenance, but one thing you can say is I am honest and these things are very important for me when I'm selecting which hotel to book. I know you guys like to hear the "real deal" when reading this blog, and the Sonesta truly did pass with flying colors. This review is based upon my personal experience and visit at the hotel. 

First of all, the Sonesta is located ON the beach in walking distance to bars/nightlife, restaurants and beach shopping. I think it's the perfect location because of that fact that you can walk anywhere you want, but at night you are still able to sleep. The hotel is located on the end of the strip, which creates the perfect setting for relaxation without the craziness. I knew it was Tortuga weekend (Country Music Festival) so of course I expected to see some "characters", but overall the crowd at the hotel was filled with families and couples. 

Upon checking in at the hotel, I was advised my room was not ready yet, which I already expected because check-in usually does not happen until late afternoon. The front desk manager was so friendly, held all my luggage so I can hit the beach while waiting and even offered me 2 extra tickets she was given for the musical festival. What a doll! When people do their job with a smile and sense of pride, it literally resonates in the air. Not only did the hotel find a way to help with an earlier check-in than expected, they secured a room with a view so breathtaking I barely wanted to leave. 

I would HIGHLY SUGGEST booking a corner ocean front view room. I am not sure I would have had the same experience without that amazing view. The room was spotless, the view was priceless, and there was a huge sliding door closet filled with hangars and equipped with an iron & full ironing board. (that really makes a difference for me/could be a deal breaker) The bathroom includes a blow dryer hanging from the door, but I would also suggest packing one that's high power. The bathroom products were great, I especially loved the mango body wash. (Also I appreciate the shower cap, some people don't understand ladies with colored hair!) 

I had the pleasure of dinning at the Sonesta's Bistro Restaurant located on the property. Our waiter was extremely friendly and helpful when breaking down the menu for us. I had the seared scallops and linguini, and my accomplice had the salmon with mango salsa and asparagus. The seafood was so fresh, and my spinach pasta was to die for. The service was so on point, and I give them two thumbs up. I love when the wait staff is attentive and in-tune. 

Lastly, that bed so was comfortable, I had a REALLY hard time waking up at 6am both days. I really wish I could have slept in and and had breakfast in bed, but fashion duty calls. (Yes, I still had to work while I was in town) I literally want to transport that bed to my apartment in NY! Please & Thank you! Overall, I had a wonderful stay at the Sonesta. I think it is the perfect location for a family vacation, romantic getaway or ladies weekend. The pool & outdoor bar area is perfect for unwinding, and you are literally right on the beach. 

I would like to personally thank the Sonesta Hotel's wonderful staff, their amazing PR Agency and everyone who made this trip really special for me. Book your stay now! 



...until next time dolls!




SPREAD THE WORD








Comments